How do you know when they like you?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hillary.a.webb

I know they're usually not over affectionate animals, but the last time I had a nice one was years ago, all of my others were abused rescues who never warmed up to me or anyone else despite years of work.... *sigh*

So, how do you know when they actually like you as an owner?

They let you pick them up, or jump into your arms when you open the cage. They beg for treats when you come in, and play on you during playtime. They popcorn and run around the room and up the walls.

It's hard to tell sometimes.
I wondered the same for a while but have since realized that when my boys are in their cage, they want nothing to do with us unless it is food. But if they are in their playpen, they will play and jump on us. If I am not in the playpen with them, they will stand and watch or jump in our arms when we reach in. I like to take that as they want our attention and love us.....or they are just trying to escape.

I have read that age plays a difference too.
The more you play and interact with them, the more use to you they should get and eventually you should be able to tell.

Major Laughs addictedtochins !!! I am STILL Laughing ! Grace

Back