Housing 3 in an apartment.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub

So my wife and I had two male chinchillas living together in a feisty ferret but It turned out one of them was a girl so now we have three chinchillas. My wife wants to keep all three but we have to keep them separated by gender. The living space is too cramped and on top of it all the cage ha started to fall apart even though it is only a year or two old. I need advice on how to house all three. With this cage we have had issues with poop being all over the floor constantly and one of the loves to spray all over the place. Advice on all of this will be very helpful thank you.

I'd get a ferret nation cage and split it in two. You can use the one half for the males, the other half for the female.

I think there might be an online sale for the FN cages right now, but that may have passed.... but if there is, hopefully someone else can chime in on that. If not, check your local craigslist or other classified site, try searching for "ferret nation," "critter nation," or even just "chinchilla cage" or "ferret cage." I didn't buy any of mine new -- got them all off craigslist and similar sites. I want to say I paid between $100-150 used (for a double ferret nation), and the cages are powdercoated, so they'll wipe clean and last a long time.

X3

FN will probably be the easiest, cheapest way to house them separate ( but only in 1 actual cage). I'd also guess it would take the least amount of room.

Latest posts

Back