House beaver got new toys!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyv3737

<---House beaver.
One would think it was Shelly's birthday again. Today the mailman brought her new toys from Auntie Britt AND new perches and hay box from Auntie Tab. It's 1am and all I hear is chomping. :hair: Shelly is enjoying her new presents so much she's started swishing her tail at me. Of course I have pictures:

I eat my new perch
35b890e7.jpg

Out of my cage mom!
e6b4519a.jpg

Stuffed cholla? I like!
fa7d29a4.jpg

Water break.
60c76368.jpg

Stop moving so I can attack you.
c884a623.jpg

Silly humans, I will destroy this pretty box!
6368d524.jpg

Should have set up odds and taken bets on how long she takes to destroy the box :p

Glad you like your new toys Shell-Bell. Do your worst to that hay box, I dare you!

And so it begins...

Wonder how much damage to everything you'll come home to tonight, lol. Those perches last a while though. I had a colony of five beaver-chins take two months to whittle theirs down to nothing.

Nut's box is still hanging in there...barely, lol.

I love the toys from Brittany too! Way too cute!

Looks like she spent the better part of the evening attacking the cholla. It's half gone. I'm sure the hay box will get it next. This girl kept me up all night chewing and running.

For those of you wondering about all the hay box discussion see the photos below.

Day 1: cute new hay box I was so excited to have found.
a9b2c607.jpg

Day 5: box is now a weapon
dc5618c1.jpg

Day 10: sad little box is now in the trash.
73b0b456.jpg

Silly mom. She needed to open it up more to get to the hay inside. I'm a little surprised that the metal clips were still hanging on to anything.

Looks like she spent the better part of the evening attacking the cholla. It's half gone.

Lol. Even chins who normally don't like cholla love shredding through the log to get to all the goodies inside ;)

Sorry she kept you up all night, atleast you know those chompers are working!

Shelly was just following the directions on the packaging. Did you not see it says eat in the lower right corner? :laughitup:

I would have left the dead haybox in her cage for her to totally destroy.

I'll let Stack know. Bostin and Moose have destroyed theirs too. Silly little beavers. :hilarious:

Ooh princess Shelly is soo spoiled!

Note to self: Need to order tons o' stuffed cholla logs from Brittany :D!

Latest posts

Back