Homemade Face Wash?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caiti

So I've always had trouble with my face, and skin in general. Both my parents have eczema, my mom has rosacea and we have no pigment pretty much. Also, skin cancer is in both my parents' families.

I have super sensitive, super dry skin that basically reacts to anything (woo!). And the skin on my face is the worst, probably because I've used so many things on it and put make up on it at times and use sunscreen everyday. Also, I'm on a shot for birth control and I've noticed some side effects from the massive dose of hormones I get.

I had kind of given up trying to clear it as I've used many different face washes and decided to just buy something cheap and effective. I was reading online about homemade face washes as these, I figured, would be the cheapest, and since you can make them with less ingredients there is less chance of reacting badly to them.

I read about washing your face with oatmeal mixed in water. I always love taking Aveeno baths as it soothes my crazy sensitive, dry skin, so I thought that would make sense. I kind of like it. Only been using it for a few days, but it does make my face feel soft like a Aveeno bath! And it's super cheap because I just used the oats I give Chloe and the coffee grinder I bought to grind up her pellets--and viola! oatmeal. I think it's pretty funny that basically because I have a chinchilla, I can make my own face wash whenever I want.

I was wondering if anyone else makes their own face wash or body wash or lotion etc. and what people like.

Last edited:
My skin is super sensitive also. I don't make my own wash, but use the Target version of Cetaphil. Its $5 I think? I started using it because my youngest daughter battled eczema as a baby, and it was recommended by her pediatrician. Its super gentle and soothing on my face.

My skin is super sensitive also. I don't make my own wash, but use the Target version of Cetaphil. Its $5 I think? I started using it because my youngest daughter battled eczema as a baby, and it was recommended by her pediatrician. Its super gentle and soothing on my face.

I use Cetaphil as well, and it is very gentle, and light.

Back