Holy S*it!!! How'd he do that?!?!?! Share your super intelligent chin stories...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

So...my little guy is getting used to his new home and in doing such, exploring his playroom.. on each end of his playroom are doorways leading out of the room, with no doors on them. I had to put up 4 ft cardboard boxes with very strong packing tape to keep him in the room. Well, he figured out that he can't popcorn and bounce off the boxes to knock them down anymore, so after some consideration and sizing up from all angles of the room, he proceeded to use the inside of door frames to bounce up from left to right to left to right etc, until he was about 6 feet up and then just landed on the other side of the barrier.....Like a freaking NINJA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna get him a cape and call him Jasper The Great!!!!!! Hahahahah

Share your super intelligent chin stories !!!!!!

Chinchillas exist in the seconds inbetween the seconds. I sware sometimes I blink and she is in a different spot.

We have a sliding door to her room that I made and she times when I am leaving and manages to get out the door when I have it open and I am turning to close it. I probably look like a slow clumsy giant in comparison to her ninja skills

I have seen her take 3 or 4 strides running horrizontally on a wall like gravity means nothing..

Wow! So many smart chins! The smartest thing my dork has ever done was probably an unusual disassembly. When I got him he had one of these types of toys, and instead of chewing on it, he meticulously pulled all the little orange dowels that held it together out until it was a pile of sticks and ignored it!!!

I had a super smart boarder here for a time. She shared a cage with 2 other girls. One day I gave her a small wicker star to play with. She absolutely claimed it for her own. So when it came to treat time, she had quite a dilemma. How to eat the treat and still hang on to her beloved star? She kept moving the star from paw to mouth to paw and back again and I could see the gears turning in her head. Finally, she carefully placed the star down on the shelf and promptly sat on it. She grabbed her treat, wolfed it down and retrieved her star.

it doesn't qualify as 'howd she do that' but qualifies under the first part imo.

I was cleaning out my girls double FN cage and feeding them one night. I had the doors open as i was sweeping out there mess from the day. I bent over to reach the half shelf on the first floor when my girl Ameena decided that from the top floor she was going to go to the back corner, get a running start, and just fly~~~~ out of the cage onto my back.

But she kinda over shot the mark...
Instead of a small jump, there was a chin flying half way across the room.

While hanging out with my chin in my room, there is a vanity mirror on the wall and he put his back against the wood and his feet on the wall across and began to scale the wall up the vanity like a freaking spider. Then the best part is that he had a plan I didn't know of, he got to the top, turned and jumped and landed over the play pen wall that I used to block the door. I like to compare chins to babies. Just like my kids, they will chew EVERYTHING THEY Find and they will manage to get everywhere they shouldn't.

Latest posts

Back