Holy Cow - Quints!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been waiting over 2years for my Shoot's female to deliver a litters. I tried her with 2 other males - nothing. Finally I put my Jag's extra dark ebony with her - he never fails. She herself came from a litter of six (all female standards). Ralph said he never had to supplement. He tried - they never wanted the milk and they kept growing. Any way, she deliver quints on Monday. I will be watching their weights carefully. Please don't pay attention to the papers under the clear dish. I didn't think about that when I had my husband take the pictures while I made sure the kits didn't escape. Since it is hard to get him to help, I decided to 'go with the pictures.
DSC00679.jpg

Congrats! Wow, so many babies! I wish you and the momma the best of luck!

It must be something about the week before Nationals that brings the quints on! :)

Congratualtions and good luck with them! :)

Congrats! They look great in their picture. Give momma some scritches. Poor gal had to push them all out. :/

I am glad you finally got your girl to breed... but quints...1st time mom...no fun!!!

As I am sure you know, any litter over 2 tends to be a hassle. I just had a litter of triplets born yesterday and they are already bickering.

Lets hope mom can keep them all in line and eating. Good luck and please keep us posted on their progress!

Last edited:
update - one didn't make it. Of course, it was the only extra dark ebony. The rest are doing good - all ebonies of different shades. Can't figure why the extra dark didn't make it . He was the largest and the only one who did not lose weight but on the third day I found him dead. Go figure.

Back