holly and molly had succesful deliveries

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
this morning i woke up at 9 and did my rounds checking on everyone. i found that molly (the new chinchilla i got a day or two ago) had 2 tan babies.. one male one female.

the female weighed 57 grams and the male weighed 47 grams
lighttanfemale-1.jpg

lighttanmale-1.jpg

i have noticed that i believe the little male, sometimes he squints one of his eyes and sometimes he leaves it shut.. i didnt see any injury or puss around the eye..what should i do about that??

i went to work and came home after going off with my mom, and she asked if i checked to see if anyone else had kits...god forbid i believe my moms psychic because i walked in there and holly had her baby. a dark tan female
weighing 58 grams
darktanfemale.jpg

so now i only have one female to worry about, the pinkwhite..im praying she does good and hoping she doesnt have a litter of triplets or quads..

also everyone is nursing good and seems content, big relief!

They look good. Glad they won't have to litter anymore. In regards to the little boys eye......if it were to stay shut or have a bad crust or drainage...then you will need to have it looked at. Could be a scratch or slight infection. The vet would prescribe a drop or ointment for the area. Good luck.

If you do have to take him for a vet check, make sure you take mom and both kits. That way he stays warm and mom doesn't worry. And I take my weight info with me to the vet although they do weigh them again.

Good weights there. I would just give his eye a couple days, being born really is hard on a body if you think about it, although it's made to be born, there is still a lot of squeezing pushing and all of that. If you don't notice any signs of infection I wouldn't worry to much right away, if it goops up once just clean it, there may be something in it, or if you want to flush it out just in case you can use sterile saline drops, but as 6Dusters said if there is drainage, puss, or it's crusting shut repeatedly I'd get some antibiotics and have the vet check for scratches, sometimes there are scratches that can't be seen with the eye, but can be seen with an otoscope.

ok thank you all for the help with his eye...im going to inspect it really good today when i get home from college... , i wasnt sure about the weights but i figured they seemed pretty decent..im glad i got that tan female when i did... she was destined for a breed back considering i only had her like 2 days and she birthed.poor baby...

ill keep you guys updated, and ill let yall know what goes on with the pink white

Back