Holding a chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayChillas

Puff n' Fluff
So this is probably going to sound dumb 'cause I know all of you are quite knowledgable about chins, but I don't know how to hold my chinchillas. I mean, I do and I will if I have to (like if they escape or something i'll obviously grab them) but, if I just want to get them out of the cage to hold I feel really uncomfortable. They squirm and i'm always so afraid that i'm going to drop them. I've hear to grab them by the base of the tail with one hand and hold their body with the other but I never get the chance to do that because I have to use both my hands to make sure they don't slip. I also understand chins aren't always cuddly little lap pets but there must be some better way to hold them? They both seem pretty comfortable with me, when I open their cage door they come out on my lap. It's just holding them i'm not sure about. Maybe it'll just take some time?

The only reason it takes two hands to hold them is because you dont have 4. If you did then youd need all 4 lol. They have some soft fur and its fairly easy for them to slip out if they want to. Makes holding them a bit of a pain. Even more so if your chin, like mine, does not want to be held.. ever.

Latest posts

Back