Hola I'm Jonny, this is Chancho.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FutureUntold

I'm a new Chinchi owner from Mass. I adopted Chancho, a 4 year old male, from a high school friend who could no longer provide the attention he needed(works long hours)He asked me if I could chinchy sit one weekend while he went out of state. Did not think I was going to fall in love. I already own two small dogs, never thought I would eventually have a chinchy.
I have had Chancho now, a week. Everything is good so far. I cant wait for the bond to grow stronger. Also I may eventually try and adopt another male once I get settled with a new bigger enclosure.In the near future.
Chancho and I have fun, more so me. I have been buying and building so many things for him to play with/on. I'm obsessed. I just ordered a metal wheel with bearings that mounts directly to cage, that cheap plastic one i heard is bad for their backs, also it is a garbage wheel....total waste of $15, buuuut he does love running on it. I also added wood planks at the top of the cage, he jumps up there and will perch.....and poop, haha chinchies poop so much.
I love when I have him out and he jumps on me and perches on my shoulder and my head, then nibbles my ear haha.

anywho here are some photos, in order from when i first met him to now.

Love at first paw
cf9426ba763811e2957d22000a1fa40f_7.jpg

Chinchillin
58a3f4e0791211e2a7d422000a9e0846_7.jpg

aa194d42791311e2a38422000a1f96a9_7.jpg

New timothy hut, and rearranging the granite stones
b387202085d911e28eb922000a1fbc88_7.jpg

b7d748fe866e11e2b52122000a1fa4b5_7.jpg

Yup, chances are i will be flooding this board with photos and videos haha.

(I randomly met a girl at petsmart(employee) when i went searching for random chinchy items, come to find out she herself has two chinchillas, sadly one which passed away recently, but it was great speaking with another face to face about these awesome creatures.)
Have been reading up on a lot, but please feel free to provide your wisdom so i may soak it up.

Latest posts

Back