Hola from Jessica & Joey!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhowell28

Hi everyone!

My name is Jessica & I'm a college senior studying Criminal Justice & minoring in Psychology. I live in West MI and love it here! My interest in small pets began when I was little, I constantly had a hamster growing up until I was 12-13. Then, in high school my mom agreed to buy me a hedgie & I named her Penelope. My parents are divorced & my mom got tired of watching/taking care of her when I wasn't there so she sold her one weekend when I went to my dad's & I was devastated! I have always wanted a chinchilla so when I moved out to go to college it didn't take long before I had a chinchilla :)

The first chinchilla I adopted was off from Craigslist & I brought her to the vet after I got her just to make sure she was in good health & it was found she had a pretty bad heart murmur. She ended up passing away about 6 months after I got her :(

But now I have my chin, Joey, who I also rescued from Craigslist who has a clean bill of health! There is only one way to describe him - a character! He isn't a big fan of being held - but shows his affection by using me as a jungle gym & making all sorts of happy chin noises. But, when he's mad at me (either not enough playtime or I let him out too late for his liking) he will either sit in the corner & pout or crawl into my lap & bark at me! He loves goji berries, rosehips & goes nuts for hibiscus. I recently just upgraded his cage to a Critter Nation double unit & he is in chinchilla heaven!!

Back