Hiding?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanceswithElvis

House Hobo
Okay, admittedly I'm new, so there are a lot of chin behaviors that I'm unsure of as of right now. But Nibbler has me a bit puzzled.

After his little freak out last Sunday (I still have no idea what scared him), I cleaned his cage and added a fleece hammock/tunnel to the top tier for him as an extra fun thing.

Well, since then...he's been skittish and hiding either in it or under it basically all day. Coming down for munchies and water through day, so I know he's eating and drinking. He seems alert, just not wanting to have anything to do with anyone or playing in his cage normally.

Now, when I take him out for playtime...he wall surfs, popcorns, climbs and seems fine.

I'm not sure if I need to take him to the vet. Or, if I need to remove the hammock.

Leave it in. He is fine, some chinchillas prefer to have somewhere to go that's not out in the open. Ours are usually in their hammocks and tubes all day and then come out to play at night.

It sounds like a normal chinny. My chins that have hammocks and tubes hide in the most of the day sleeping and come out at night to play. As long as he is eating, drinking, pooping, and still playing normally I believe he is just being a normal chin.

Latest posts

Back