HI :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurilla22

Hi there! :) My Name is Jess and I have recently became the proud mommy of 2 chinchillas. I love this forum and all the great information you all have to share. It really helps a lot since i have never owned a chinchilla before :)

i have a little bit of experience taking care of them. They use to belong to a friend who became too busy with work to take care of them. I would feed them, clean their cage, and try to socialize with them since they weren't really use to human contact. They are getting a little better with warming up to me. I know its going to take a lot of time and patience.

We would love to see pics of your chins! :) welcome, you have found a site with a lot of great info!

2012-01-22150438.jpg

Mama is laying down and I caught Daddy in the middle of grooming her. When they belonged to my friend they never had names so i always referred to them as Mama & Daddy since they had a kit together. My friend purchased them as a pair, only had them for a little over a year and they produced one kit while she had them. Mama is pretty feisty so if she doesn't want to mate she will let daddy know. I was going to keep them together but after reading everything on the site I'm going to end up separating them.

Latest posts

Back