Hi!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celmisha

I've already started a couple threads, but I never got a chance to introduce myself, so here it goes...

Hi, I'm Caroline, I'm fifteen, almost sixteen, and live in Norcal. Last year I lived in France with my family, and upon moving there I wanted to get a chinchilla. I had read all about them and thought they were really super (my suspicions were correct!) So I started collecting chinchilla things, like a cage, accessories, etc etc, and chinchillas are very hard to find in France, so I would travel to the pet store about once a week to check if they had any chins in. Of course one day we got lucky, and I brought home my wonderful baby boy, Remi (We named him after that Pixar movie, Ratatouille, because he's a grey rodent, and living in Paris...). He was about six months old at the time, and we soon discovered him to be a crazy little helion that he still is today... But of course I love him to bits :heart:.

So after our time was up in France and we had to move back home, we shipped all of our pets via plane (not an easy task, mind you). Remi seemed fine, I think he even likes traveling (he likes looking out the window in car rides!).
So now we've been here since June, Remi has adjusted beautifully in his humongous Critter Nation 162, and my mom kept bugging me about getting another chinchilla. She wanted to get a girl and have little babies, but I told her that was a baaadd idea. So we adopted a little boy about a week ago, Marley (named after Bob Marley, because of his calm and reggae disposition :))) and he seems to be doing great in his quarantine!

But life isn't all about chinchillas, I also have two great dogs! Steffi is a big black German Shepherd, who scares the bejeebers out of people, but she's just a big teddy bear at heart! George is a border collie, crazy, yet LOVES to snuggle :heart:. I also have three cats, Emily, Muffin, and Dino :)). I used to have a horse, but had to be sold when we moved to France :broken:

In the past I have had multiple other cats, mice, dwarf hamsters, and turtles, but none of the last three even compare to chinchillas!!

I run a dog walking service with my best friend, and in my free time I horseback ride, ice skate, skateboard, read, play with the chins, renovate their cage, shop online for chinchilla toys, just like any other chinchilla mom!

Sorry for the novel, but thanks for reading! I'm excited about being on this forum!

Welcome Caroline!

I think you will be right at home on this forum!

Welcome to the forum. I learned so much after joining. I'm sure you will too!

Hi Caroline, and welcome to the forum! You seem so knowledgeable about chins already, and this forum is a great place to learn even more. We're happy to have you here :)

Latest posts

Back