Hi, my name is Emily and I'm an online shopping addict.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiezeatbrain

Philosophically inclined?
Okay, so I'm in high school, and my first semester just ended. Which as you know, implies that I just finished finals and received my semester grades, etc. My parents, as a treat, pay me a certain amount of money per every letter grade I receive at the end of every semester(A's= $100, B's $50, etc.) So this semester I got all B+'s and one A (sad), but that's a LOT of money. And so long story short......I ended up spending hours on this site searching the chin supply links that everyone posts and spending what was left of my money after buying Nietzsche the "15 chin-spin. I could never buy myself that much stuff but it's so fun to shop for chinchillas.... I'm just making myself feel better by assuring myself that I'm pumping money back into the economy....... right guys? ...guys?

I get more excited buying things for my chinchillas and dogs than for myself. It makes me happy to get them nice things.

Me too! I feel like I need to compensate massively because I'm not someone who owns an FN with all the awesome accessories and what not that keep their chins so entertained. Nietzsche's cage is 36x25x18, and is some completely random brand, but it's really well built and very french/unique looking, if you will. It has plastic ramps and shelves (which everyone claims is dangerous) but Nietzch doesn't chew at all on plastic so I think it's fine. I just wanna jazz it up a little bit because he deserves it

lol.. i'm expecting a couch and some apple wood for my girls that i bought a few days ago.

This website links the coolest stuff. I think it's on camphorchins.com that I found this toy called the Totoro something or other- it's the coolest toy i've ever seen. I ended up buying one of the customized ceramic dishes and the fleece covered tubes too. So much great stuff

i know shes my favorite store!! i bought the bubble print couch for my girls there a few days ago.. the totoro toy was one of the first things i got from that website, i still have it in their cage its over half gone though.

the squiggle bridge is a big hit with them.. i got it about two weeks ago from her website, it's their favorite spot now

Yeah, I'm really excited for all of my stuff to arrive. I've literally made so many different orders that I've lost track.

yeah me too its so exciting.. they get so excited for hours after i get them something new for their house.. im sure your baby will also!

Yea I just bought a few things from Alli (Camphor Chins) and besides rent and gas and food etc I spend WAY more money on my chinchilla compared to myself. My mom bought me some new clothes for christmas but other than that and buying myself vitamins and fancy new face wash (it's fancy cause it's in a bottle and not a bar or just plain water!! yee-haw!) at target a couple months ago and the irresistible Dairy Queen down the street, I haven't spent a significant amount of money on myself in probably close to a year.

And I just shelled out $150 for a new FN141 w/ bass pan which I told my folks will be my birthday present (I am independently penniless, they give me money to budget) and they informed me that yes, that is certainly the case haha.

Well, we can't really complain, can we? Parents with money are awesome!!!!!

HAHAHAhaha I'm looking at him right now (I just put him back into his cage) and he's literally like, half asleep eating out of his food bowl with his eyes half shut, just really unenthusiastic. He's gonna love all of it though. I had been waiting until I had enough money for a chin-spin, and now it's finally here! Eeeeee so excited. And sooo many toys are coming. He might actually like me after they arrive and I give them to him LOL

Well, we can't really complain, can we? Parents with money are awesome!!!!!

LOL got that right. Mine are so shocked that since I've brought Nietzsche home I haven't asked them once to help me out financially with him at all. Little do they know what my reward funds are going to... ;)

Don't feel bad.. it took me three years of buying my abby stuff and giving her occasional rose hips and rose buds for her to like me, she use to be soo mean to me! now she loves me and always wants to sit on my shoulder

Nietzsche is like a 3rd grade boy. You know the ones that always run around playing pretend violent gun games with their friends? He's very devious, doesn't like to be touched much (I still haven't found the definite spot where he likes to be scratched) but occasionally he'll sit on my head until I pay more attention to him. He cracks me up, he's such a little weirdo.

yea, abby would cack at me and try to spray me for almost three years.. with pebbles it took alot of work also but only a few months, she would run around in her cage and try to bite me all the time, now she gets a little cranky once in a while but other than that both are very nice now to me and always want to sit on my shoulder.

I just gave them each a pink rosebud i got from randy-chin on here. they were waving all over and jumping around so excited..they are a big hit with them also and healthy treat.

That's awesome. At some point in the future when I'm living on my own and able to care for another chin I think I want to get a female. They seem like a lot of fun. I think Nietzsch has already come a long way in terms of trust since I bought him from my local pet shop but I'm hoping our relationship will grow further like yours and abby's and pebbles'. Although, even if it stayed the same way forever I wouldn't mind at all.

Oh yes! Rose buds- I just purchased those, they should come with my totoro toy in the mail. I was excited to try those.

Back