Hi from Grunthal, Manitoba

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chauncy_Chins

I just thought i would introduce myself (or re-introduce myself).

My name is Kristen and i used to be a member of CnQ from around 2002 and on. I'm from Winnipeg Manitoba but moved to Grunthal, MB 4 years ago. Wondering if there are any other Manitobans here still or not?

In 2000 i got my first chinchilla from a pet store that had him in an aquarium for 4 years. I often went to the store to look/watch him and finally saved up enough money to get him and everything i need for him. They claimed he was very mean, but it did not take long for him to warm up to me.

Just over a year later i started to slowly build up my herd (to 58) over the course of 7 years. Then by 2008 i was completely out of breeding. But this past year i have been thinking a lot about chinchillas and wanting to keep learning more about them. I miss having them around!!!

Now i've finally put down all my deposits to start my herd back up!! Hopefully by november/december i will have a few pairs together.

Also i will be attending the WA show and hopefully see how the showing world is and maybe see if its for me! Who knows, i'm sure it will be a great learning experience!! I'll be the one ogling all the chinchillas with a husband looking lost and confused!! LOL

Hoping to connect with other breeders/owners and keep learning about everything there is to know!

Back