Hey!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaina_Organasolo

Hi everyone...

Thought I'd better re-introduce myself, I was a member ages ago but I've drifted away a little. The Uk forums are a wee bit quiet these days so I thought I'd come back and talk to you guys!

I'm 29, I live near Birmingham in the Uk. I've been keeping Chins for 4 years now, although my love of Chins came from working in a zoo when I was younger, so I probably have about 7 1/2 years experience.

I live with my Fiance in a little house and the boys live in their own room.

I have 4 chins at the moment (the other half says no more than that) So I'll introduce them -

First up is Lucky, He's a 4 year old Black Velvet (with attitude) -

P1210486.jpg

He's an absolute Mummy's boy. He lives on his own due to a history of being beaten up by others (and once beating up one of mine), He doesn't like other Chins but he's a sweetheart with people and loves attention. He also fur chews when moved near others (but only for 1-2 days and then he stops) He also likes to yo-yo diet depending on what eating phase he's going through, he can range from 580-680g :wacko: He also has a foot fetish and likes to sniff feet and slippers whilst doing the shuffle dance. He's been with me since he was 18 months old.

Next Up, are Bill and Ted, they are 2 years old now.

Ted is my extra dark ebony, he's very sweet and gentle. He's a bit nervy and a bit light. He was the runt of his litter and he got attacked when he was very tiny. His one ear is terrible and his lips were damaged in such a way that you can always see his top teeth if you look properly. He's got a super curly tail and a very lovely nature - and cute white freckles on his face -

P6220052.jpg

He's about 610g but he's quite long so he feels light. I don't worry so much as like his breeder said, he's lucky to be with us, he nearly died several times.

Bill lives with Ted and is a similar age (they are non related but were weaned together). He's a medium ebony, He's a big boy at around 780g and he feels like a brick to hold. He has a moan at you when you go to pick him up but once you've got him, he goes all floppy in your arms and turns into a big soppy chin....We call him Billy Big bum....

PA210443.jpg

Both Bill and Ted aren't so fussed with people as they have each other. They came here when they were 13 months old.

Last of all, is our new baby, Spooky.

I've wanted a white for ages, Luckily a friend of a friend had a few born and couldn't keep this guy as he's too related to several females, so we reserved him at 2 days old and had a long wait for him to grow up. He's fabulous, I had forgotten how much fun babies are. He's currently in quarrentine so he hasn't met the rest of the gang yet. He's 15 weeks old and adorable...

Here's spooky -

P7140063.jpg

all tired out. I love that photo, even if I hate his habit of sleeping on his side (don't worry, he's not warm) he already weighs about 400g, so he's going to be a big boy I suspect. He eats sooooo much compared to the others.

So there you go, and essay about me and my lot.

Nice to be back!

Thanks all for the warm welcome! Siany, I live in Dudley near Merry Hill so pretty close to you. Looking forward to sharing with you all :)

welcome! :wave3:

Rhino will do that same foot dance shuffle like Lucky, but only on my best friend's feet! other feet must not smell so good or something, lol.

Back