Hey There!! =)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IowaChinLuvinChic

Chinchillaxin Chica
Hi all, I have been lurking long enough on the forums thought I should introduce myself. I am Jennifer, and this is my furbaby <3 Fredward

IMG0173A.jpg

I live in Iowa and am finding out it is near impossible to locate any rescues or breeders in my area! I have been wanting to adopt a 2nd chinchilla into our family for months and having no luck with anything local ... and can't seem to set up a railroad for a rescue chin for the life of me! I am so glad I stumbled across these forums, I have been researching chinchillas daily and this is always my first stop! Fredward is a 1.5 yr old standard grey, I adopted him from a gal listing him for rehoming on a FB group last spring and I have been working hard to learn everything possible to give him a healthy and happy life =) he had 2 owners before me, and started at Petsmart originally so I am glad he found his way to me and his forever home! <3 he's a pretty small chinchilla, I have gone to pet stores since adopting him and most I see in person and online appear to be much larger built ... maybe he is a dwarf or the runt? xD hehe either way I love him to bits he's my only pet and I am super addicted to chinchillas now. Anyways hi to everyone, I am hoping to meet and get to know other chin owners here in the midwest that can point me in the right direction for chin resources, and make some new friends in the process =)

:hi::welcome6:Glad you're here Jennifer and Fredward! :D
Fredward just may be a small chin but he doesn't look like a dwarf to me.
He's definitely a cutie for sure!

Last edited:
Hi Jennifer! Welcome to the Board! Fredward is a cutie! He is lucky to find an owner that cares so much about him! :D

Hello and thank you Pikaia that is a really nice thing to hear, I try my best! Yesterday was a full day for me I completely gutted my bedroom w/my boyfriend and we chinproofed and vacuumed it corner to corner and set up Fredwards big new Ferret Nation double cage and transferred him into it, and then let him have free range of my room he loves it! But he's showing his lil young chin attitude haha now he doesn't even want to go in his home and when we shut the doors he lets us know his displeasure by trying to dig up his fleece liners and being a little begger haha he's got such the little personality!

Back