herbs,

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpysisi

now, I'm not planning to dabble in giving my chins herbs willy nilly. I know the odd rose hip or rose petal as a treat is ok, but what herbs are safe, and what are their uses? as in, I know dandelions are a good diuretic for some animals, some herbs are good natural anti biotic. In the uk there's an online store, called chinchillas2shop (they also sell fruit dried so I don't trust them 100%)
I found an old thread on here but the crucial link had expired (6 years old)
Its things like dried nettle, and marigold flowers I wonder about. can anyone more knowledgeable shed some light on herbs, uses, and if there's any real benefit to going more natural? (obviously any medical issues, and I will go to a vet!) :)

Try Galen's Garden. I have eleven chins and have given them many of the herbs and forage available on that site on a regular basis. All the products are organic or wild crafted and Belinda, who runs Galen's Garden is qualified in herbology, and can advise on any specific need your chins may have. My guys have a different leaf or mix in a small quantity each evening after their bath, and have never looked back
Hope this helps :)

oh wow, what a page! Had a mini look through, so much! been finding out lots, and variety of whats good for what chin. (found a mix for birthed females which im also pleased about! ) I grow a lot of organic fruit and veg generally, and to find out a lot of what I already grow is safe is fab. stuff i'd usually toss away into composter like raspberry leaf! thanks all :)

Back