HELP!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillin2005

Shadow's mom
My chinchilla has been biting the bars to his Ferret Nation cage!!!! I mean a lot and i'm afraid it will break. I have finals, so I don't have time to let him out and he has a wheel but he keeps biting the bars. Does anyone know how to tie fleece to the side of the bars? i saw this in a video but I don't know how to do it. Please help. the cage was expensive and I had to buy it with my own money so this is a big bummer that hes biting the bars. :(

He shouldn't hurt himself biting the bars. All of my chins do it when I walk in the room. I have never had a bar break on the FN cages so I wouldn't worry. Just be careful putting fleece around his cage. You don't want him shredding and eating it if he isn't used to fleece.

I have a chin that bites the bars on his cage very frequently. He seems to do it when he is bored. One way that I help prevent him from doing this so often is by providing a variety of chew sticks/toys for him to focus on. There is a certain corner of the cage where he tends to bite the most so I usually concentrate the chew stick supply in that area. He then picks up the chew sticks and chews those rather than the bars in most cases. You might try adding some extra or new toys in his cage to help distract him.

He doesn't just bite the bars, he literally chews them to the point where the coating is off the bars. Does anyone know how to tie fleece around the bottom sides of the ferret nation? And I give him plenty of wood, he still chews the bars whenever I don't let him out.

If you put fleece up he will only shred it. So it won't make a difference. Then you will have to worry about him eating it.

Can you post pics of his cage? Maybe if we can get an idea of his current set up we can make suggestions for things that might entertain him that he doesn't have.

I might get flack from this, but I don't think that much will satisfy their want to get out other than... being let out. Is there not a time, a 15 minute window in which you can take a break from studying, and let him play? It might help you also with your finals, to relax, have fun, then refocus.

Of course it might cause him to want to come out more, but he's a pet who needs you and I think it's clear what he's trying to say: Let me out, I need to run, jump, and play!

And I saw found a little bit of stained blood on the one downstairs shelf and an upstairs tile. He seemed fine, just stressed out from not having playtime, could his mean something? there was no blood at all after that, and he runs and hops fine. does anyone know where the tiny amount of blood could be from?

Have you checked his feet to see if that is where the blood is coming from? Feet and ears can get dry and crack. If that is what it is you can use bag balm to help fix him up. I believe it is bag balm that you use for this so someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Latest posts

Back