HELP!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srlampron

poop hunter/gatherer
HELP!!

I'm pretty sure that my chin ate rubber!!! You know those rubber band bracelets? That say LIVESTRONG, etc? My chin chewed on one and there are pieces missing. Is this cause for immediate panic and a vet trip or can I watch her and see if she passes it?

WHAT DO WE DO?

Just monitor for changes in behaviour and make sure he/she is still pooping. Most times chins are fine but just watch for any indication there is a problem.

How much is missing exactly? If there is a significant amount of the bracelet missing then I would be looking to go to the vet. If it is only small pieces like little nibbles then I would wait it out and keep a close eye on her for the next few days. I'm no expert, but that's what I would do if my chins ate something like that. Hopefully someone else on here can offer more insight.

monitor poops and make sure they are normal looking and see if chin is eating /drinking ok a clean cage can help you see if things are normal and going in and out too....

Isolate him/her if you haven't already and watch for pee and poo. Is the poo normal? Is his/her behavior normal for being in that situation? Any listlessness/lethargy, or signs of pain? If you answer "yes" to that last question or don't see normal poo, it's time to call the vet.

Thank you all! I keep Lilly's cage clean because her undercarriage seems to stain like crazy. But, as soon as you said to start watching poops, I switched it to a clean one and started the vigil. She is drinking, eating, peeing & thankfully pooping normally. She is behaving like my Lilly, too. Fiesty and fresh. Just the way I love her.

On the plus side, I realized she likes it when I pet her chin and chest. She has been letting me do it and I just realized today what a big deal that is!

I am still stumped with the tummy staining. Cornstarch didn't seem to help at all. Any other tricks?

I read an article about pee stains around the chins area, it said possible urinary tract infection, you may want to get it checked out since it won't go away.

Latest posts

Back