Help with new chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillasrox

I not sure if this is an emergency or not but i didn't know where else to post it and get answers quick. My new chin Nusta has squishy poop. Sometimes it is VERY squishy amd smears, other times it is just stepped on and smashed on the shelf. She was on mazuri but had slightly squish poops so I did a cold switch. She has had poop like this for a week and a half. I don't know what to do and need hepl! Also she is eating the new food and lots of hay. she is also drinking water!

I hope you have her quarantined far away from your other chins.

Pull all the pellets, don't give any for 3 days. Give nothing but loose, good quality hay, and it would be a good thing to get some acidophilus or Bene-Bac going as well. Make sure your water is either filtered or reverse osmosis. If she doesn't clear up in that time, take a stool sample to the vet and have him test it.

could be the cold switch that did it, hopefully especially if you had the new one near your other chinchillas

Back