help with Names

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacd061506

I just got 5 new arrivals in and I'm wondering if anyone can help me name some of them! I try to stick with characters for movies. I have a male, and 2 females without names still. Though they won't all be housed together I like naming them in "groups" so it makes more since lol! any suggestions? The three names should all come from the same movie. ;)

I'm done letting my fiance do it....I end up with names from what I condisider dumb movies :hair: lol.....Austin Powers and The Nutty Professor......**sigh**

I posted on my hello page that I had 10, but I hadn't recieved the last 6 and it turns out the people gave one to someone else before I got there, so I had names picked out (well my fiance did anyway) and I'd like to change some I think.... SO....

here are names I already have for some of my chins:
Mojo (Wilson White) & Foxy Cleopatra (Standard) (I've had 4 years)
Sherman (Mosiac) & Ms. Perdy (Black Velvet) (I've had 2 years)
Tarzan (Black Velvet) & Jane (Wilson White) (NEW)
beige male, ebony female and black velvet female (NEW)

Thanks for your input!

I only had 4 until this past weekend when I had 6 more that I was supposed to go get. When I got there last weekend the people had given one to someone else so there were only 5 left (which was fine because nothing was completly set in stone). I had already posted that I owned 10 (though i only had 4 at the time) and with names. My fiance had several that I didn't really like, but I posted them anyway, becasue I was so excited about getting 6 new ones!Then ended up with only 5 so now I have to fix names......

Anyway....I now have a total of 9! and 3 still do not have names and I'd like them to be grouped together in some movie.

Movies I like are basicly fiction based, action, some comedy, book based movies, nothing "scary", kids movies are ok too.

I will try to get pics tonight and post tomorrow. My beige male is homo beige. my ebony is medium and the black velvet is very very light, almost standard, except for her black tail, leg bands and tiny black strip down her back/head.

Haha! Fun! How about:

Edward, Alice and Bella (Twilight, pretty dumb movie but instantly recognizable)

Jake Sully, Grace, and Neytiri (Avatar)

Homer, Marge, and Lisa (Simpsons)

Legolas, Arwen, and Galadriel (LOTR)

How about
Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. (Harry Potter)
Larry, Curly, and Moe. (3 Stooges)
Baloo, Bagheera, and Kaa. (Jungle Book)

Here are the pics!

I like the HP series, I was debating those (hence my hello post has harry/ginny) LOL. Those are great, I'll write them down and present them to the fiance and see if there are any we can agree on. Keep them coming though....!!!!

Here is the homo beige male and the medium ebony female.

Attachments

• beige1.jpg
    beige1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 7
  • beige2.jpg
    beige2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 8
  • eb1.jpg
    eb1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 8
  • eb3.jpg
    eb3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 8
More pics

here is the Black Velvet female.

I'm sorry the pics are not very good at all. I had to take them on my phone at 10 pm last night and the light wasn't right and the silly chins wouldn't sit still long enough for my phone to snap the pic! darn camera is broke AGAIN..... its much easier to video them with my camera then go back and make still shots, they turn out so much better then trying to get them to hold still long enough to snap a pic!!! I'll reply with pics of everyone else on my welcome post!

Attachments

• mom1.jpg
    mom1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 15
  • mom2.jpg
    mom2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 14
  • mom3.jpg
    mom3.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 14
The pics are not very good, but she has black bands on her legs, her tail is black and the top of her head and a strip down her back is all black. She does look like a standard except for those markings. I will try to get a better pic of her. The people I got her from had bred her to the black velvet male (the one I call Tarzan) and all her babies both times died. (I'm thinking the lethal gene)...........I'm not an expert, don't get me wrong I'm just going by my observations and what I've learned/read on chinclub and chinsnhedgies forums. And I'm just looking to name them.

The pics are not very good, but she has black bands on her legs, her tail is black and the top of her head and a strip down her back is all black. She does look like a standard except for those markings. I will try to get a better pic of her. The people I got her from had bred her to the black velvet male (the one I call Tarzan) and all her babies both times died. (I'm thinking the lethal gene)...........I'm not an expert, don't get me wrong I'm just going by my observations and what I've learned/read on chinclub and chinsnhedgies forums. And I'm just looking to name them.

Those markings are called veiling. She is still a standard grey, she may just have dark veiling...but she definitely does not look like a black velvet. ;)

ok......thanks for that....then I will make sure to put her as a standard instead!! like I said I'm not an expert, I'm learning new things too!!! THANKS for clarifying that! anyway........I'm still looking for names!

Back