Help with my cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waysidecorpse

Anti Mod
I have recently put on order a Midwest Ferret Nation Double Unit Home with Stand which will take a few weeks to get to me ((Yay Alaska)) and I wanna remove the plastic stand and weak ladder on it and add Wooden ledges and all the goodies i'v seen in other cages, I was wondering which you all recommend and which supplier i should use. Any help you all could provide would be nice because i wanna provide boco with the best home possible :)

I'd check the FN thread for ideas. Some people list where they got their stuff or if they made it themselves. I did all my shelves and fleece myself. I got my house with shelf attached from Twilight chinchillas (Christine).

You can go to the supplies for sale section. A lot of members here make and sell stuff.

Iv looked through the sale section and have found many people who sell ledges or only sale one kind, iv found a couple of fleece tubes I'm going to pick up but a ton of the other things I'm going to pick up for him I can't seem to find. One of the main question a I have is what's the best brand of hay and pellet for a chinchilla?

Don't know if there's really one 'best' brand, but I've had my guinea pigs and now my chin on both Oxbow hay and pellets without issue. Oxbow's known as a pretty reliable brand, and both my guinea pigs and my chin LOVE their respective types of Oxbow pellets. I also like that the Oxbow pellets are fairly small - my chin was on rabbit pellets when he came and they were HUGE. He'd pick one up, take a nibble or two, and throw it away, wasting a lot of food and making a lot of mess. He doesn't do this anymore on the Oxbow.

Latest posts

Back