HELP with FN or CN!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeleyAnne

Buddha & Moose (:
I just found either a FN or a CN on a local classifieds listing for $100 and I want to jump on it! The only thing is, it is missing the stand that it goes on. Does anyone know if I can order just a stand? I can't seem to find it online. Do they have a phone number I can call and ask if I can order just the stand separately? Plus, the guy that is selling it said that the sticker is worn off, so he doesn't know what brand it is. How can I tell the difference between the FN and the CN?

FN bars go vertical and CN bars go horizontal and are closer together. I am not sure if that is the only differences.

Ok so I read some stuff online about the differences in the FN and the CN. I just need to know if anyone has seen or heard of buying the stand with the wheels separately? I really wouldn't want it to sit straight onto the ground. I just need to know before I make a 2-2 1/2 hour drive out there :p
I tried calling the company, but I was 12 minutes too late. They won't be open again until monday.
Also, I know I am asking too many questions, but how much do the custom bass pans cost for a CN? I'm almost positive it's a CN.

I don't like the stands. I have always just set the cage on the floor or on a table. The pans are about 22 each, I think.

I need the stands! I have way too much stuff for the chins and need the storage space plus I'm with you as far as not wanting to set the cage directly on the floor as well as it would be easier to move if you need to sweep/vacuum around it.

Bass pans start at 23.95 plus you have to add at least $10-15 for shipping.

ETA: Is it the 2 level or 1 level FN or CN that you are purchasing?

I need the stands! I have way too much stuff for the chins and need the storage space plus I'm with you as far as not wanting to set the cage directly on the floor as well as it would be easier to move if you need to sweep/vacuum around it.

Bass pans start at 23.95 plus you have to add at least $10-15 for shipping.

ETA: Is it the 2 level or 1 level FN or CN that you are purchasing?

Yeah, I am really really hoping that I can order the stand or buy one off of someone who doesn't want it. I am getting the 2 level CN.
Also, I talked the guy down to $75 since it is missing the stand and we have to drive 2 hours. So I am really excited, I am just going to go buy it and HOPE that I can find a stand to go with it.

I think I remember reading somewhere here recently that you can't order the stand from Midwest. Not sure if that's true or not, but if you aren't able to get one from them, I am taking down my 3 CNs this weekend and swapping them out for FNs and I could send you a stand if you would want to pay shipping. I am zip code 97068 if you want to try and get an idea of what it might cost.

I prefer the stands because cleaning them if they just sit on the floor could be a royal pain.

You will love this cage, though, stand or not!

Back