Help, weird noise.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikaylax333

I had one chinchilla, a male. He would make warning calls, only at night time and not that often. I just got a second chinchilla yesterday, I put him into a new cage. He continuously makes warning calls since the middle of the night last night, and i don't know what to do, or if there is something wrong, because My first one Max never did it in the day time and not nearly as much.

If you just got a chin and hes making warning calls then hes probably just scared. He hasn't had time to adjust to everything yet. He likely very stressed in the new environment.

Since you didnt mention on e way or another, ill add that new chins should be kept in quarantine for at least 30 days; in a separate room from your current chin. Chins are great at hiding illnesses. If by chance he has something, you dont want it spreading to your current chin. - This also gives him time to adjust to the new environment before being thrown in near another chin. That could stress him out even more.

He is probably just scared because everything is new to him.
I hope he adjusts soon! Keep us updated. :))

Latest posts

Back