Help! Seizure??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chin Joey was burned and he recovered just fine, but I really really think she will benefit from Metcam (pain meds) I was shocked once from a bad stove, it went up my arm where I held the spoon and exited my stomach. It felt warm/ hot and came from my inside out.

I think Tifa is going to be ok. She came out tonight for a little exercise and within minutes was wall surfing and begging for a rosehip!

I am SO lucky that it appears she will be ok. I am definitely learning as I go with these two girlees!

Thanks SO MUCH everyone for the thoughts, suggestions & wishes.

Just wanted to add that I read a blog once about a chinchilla that had a bad electrical shock and it ended up killing her tooth roots - I wish I could show you it, but I've searched and can't relocate it. I think the blog was by a German couple and they had two chins, the older one was shocked. Perhaps someone on here has read it and can tell you.
Anyhow, the chin lived for a few years after the event but her teeth were never the same and eventually fell out. This shock doesn't seem nearly as bad as hers, she almost died when it happened, but it might be a good idea to keep a close eye on Tifa's teeth and eating habits as she recovers.

I wish you all the best, it seems hopeful at the moment!

Tifa was being her normal bratty self this morning when I went to check on them before work. I had let her back into her shared home with my other chin last night, and she was camped out in her tube, pooping all in it. As soon as I added more hay to the feeder and went to fill their water bottle, I came back to the regular scattering of hay from Tifa looking for heads out of the tim hay. I've never been happier to see a mess of hay scattered through the cage and on the floor. :dance3: I gave her a nice big apple twig and she gnawed through it quickly and begged for another. Still not 100%, but well on her way.

Back