help, please ):

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlemoon

hello everyone :)

before i start, i'd like to apologize for posting this in the wrong section (General Topics instead of Classifieds) because i am not looking to rehome my chins. i am looking for someone to foster them for at least four (up to six-- until November) months.
i am in a very, very difficult situation right now.

i am not looking to rehome for the simple fact that i love my furry little guys and i will be able to care for them again, pamper and spoil them once i get them back.

unfortunately, i do not currently have a job, and my savings have depleted. i had to move back in with my mom for a while, but couldn't bring my chins because she hates all rodents (except for bunnies), so i left them in the care of my previous roommate (and owner of half-- two of the four-- the chins).

he is telling me now that he cannot afford to take care of them during the summer (electric bill will be high due to running the a/c all day for them) and that their supplies (mostly food) has run out.
i told him i can, until i find a real job (although it seems it's much more difficult in CA than in NV), and am trying to look for any small job to make money to pay the difference on his electric bill, and their supplies.
well, apparently, that wasn't the only issue.
he says he has no room for them, and am now in the awful situation of having to relocate my little critters for a few months.

i do know for a fact that finding someone will be difficult considering i don't have a job yet, but i do promise to pay their rent in full when i pick them up from you (and in the meantime, make enough money for their supplies to pay for those).

they'd come included with their cages (speaking of which, apparently, one of theirs broke and they are being housed together which is very, very dangerous considering they are 2M/2F), their dust house and bath (they have enough for a couple of years so that shouldn't be a problem), hay, toys, and everything else they have.
as for the cage, if you have a spare, i'll pay to buy it, or i'll look for one online (can't afford much at the moment, so even a small hand-me-down might work as this'll only be temporary).

i know beggars can't be choosers, but i would prefer if it's someone that has had chin experience for at least a couple of years, and someone that lives within a fifteen-to-twenty-mile radius from La Puente, CA (i used to live in Las Vegas, NV).
they are currently still in Vegas, but once i find someone who can foster them for the next few months, they'll be brought over.
i cannot stress enough how desperate i am to find them a foster home for now.

for more details, please don't hesitate to ask me.
they are not being kept in good conditions right now.
i was promised their care and such when i moved out of my roommate's place, but it seems to not be the case.

please, if anyone can foster them, as soon as i get a job, i will pay their rent and the back-rent too.
i'm really desperate. ):

thank you for taking time out of your busy mornings to read this.

Check with LV Chinchillas or Vegas Valley Chinchillas if you can't find anyone local to you to help.

Hello turtlemoon,

I read your post and understand your situation. I am willing to help you and your furry little guys.
I used to have two standard chins, Chewie and Whiskers. Chewie passed away about a month ago after a nice long life. But, Whiskers has seemed depressed since he lost his buddy. He doesn't have much time left, either. I don't plan on getting more chins after him, but I can temporarily take care of yours and they can give Whiskers some company.
I adopted them 7 years ago from a friend who could no longer take care of them, so I can really understand what you're going through. I live in Florida. If you can railroad them here, I will foster them for a few months. :)

thank you for your replies. :)

Beach Lion, i'm sorry for your loss. losing chins, any pet, really, can be tough. how is Whiskers holding up? i cannot even begin to imagine how bad you felt. i do know how i feel knowing my chins are in danger and how badly i want them out of where they currently live. i know that i'll be very heartbroken if i have to give them up, especially considering this is only a temporary setback.

how old was Chewie? how old is Whiskers? was age the cause of death?
why, if you don't mind me asking, are you not planning on getting any more chins?

your offer to foster them makes me quite happy because i'm actually planning to move to the east coast sometime at the end of this year so they'd be close enough to where i can pick them up myself, but, unfortunately, even after i get a job, i don't think i could afford to pay to railroad them and to pay the fostering fee. ):
i mean, i'm sure i could, but not all at once (or at least, not right away).

i will check with LV Chinchillas and see if they can foster for a month or so. i actually got one of my chins from them so hopefully they'll be willing to.

If your coming to the east cost i could help out. I didn't respond at first cause it said you were in NV. Im in PA on the east cost so i figured that was a bit out of range. But if you could get them here, i might be able to help

Thank you. Whiskers is doing well, but he seems to bark more often and wants more attention from me. I've been a little busy lately, so I'm hoping that some company will help him. I feel badly that your chins are living without proper a/c and I'd be glad to help out a fellow chin lover.
I'm not sure exactly how old they are/were considering I adopted them from a friend, but they were born roughly 15 years ago. Chewie gave in to old age. One day, he just didnt get up. )': I don't plan on getting more chins, at least not now. I'm about to start my last year of community college. Right now, I've got my parents to help take care of them, but when I move out on my own to a four-year school, I don't think I'm going to have the time or money to care for pets. I might get some more later on because chins are so much fun. :)
I know how hard it is to find a job. I won't be very strict with the fostering fee. We could discuss that later. Your plan to move to the east coast by the end of this year would be very convenient. I've already talked to my parents about fostering for a while and they're ok with it. The biggest problem would be finding people to railroad them across the country. I've got enough room for a few more chins and I'd like to help. :)

Back