Help limp

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonypangs

Hey i just noticed my female chin was not using her left front paw today and when i checked it, it seemed reddish(dry blood) and she was scratching and picking at it earliar. CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND A VET FOR THEM? I live in Alpharetta, Ga area. Also, if i went would i need to pay for both my chins or just one price for both?

Why do you ask about two chins? Does she have a baby? Or just a cagemate? They won't charge extra if they are only seeing her. Ok, for now she needs to be put in a small carrier to limit her movement, if she has to stay in her cage take out everything...ledges, wheels etc. so she has to simply stay on the floor quietly. Did she fall or something happen to injure her paw/leg? If she eats/chews at it she is in pain and needs an emergency vet right now. If not it can prob wait until tomm. (yes Sunday) She may need an X-ray. Can you post a pic of her injury? How is she right now?

Why do you ask about two chins? Does she have a baby? Or just a cagemate? They won't charge extra if they are only seeing her. Ok, for now she needs to be put in a small carrier to limit her movement, if she has to stay in her cage take out everything...ledges, wheels etc. so she has to simply stay on the floor quietly. Did she fall or something happen to injure her paw/leg? If she eats/chews at it she is in pain and needs an emergency vet right now. If not it can prob wait until tomm. (yes Sunday) She may need an X-ray. Can you post a pic of her injury? How is she right now?

Hey what if i dont have a carrier? how would i go about bringing her then? Also she is rather scared of being held, but once i get her into my arms she is calm.
mail

here is a pic of her leg, it was kinda hard to focus in on it since i had to use my phone. It isnt bleeding, but it is definitely more red than it should be i think. She hasnt been chewing it too much anymore. She can still move around normally but she just always has that one front paw up instead of resting on floor. Im not sure when she got hurt. It could have been from playtime or something in the cage while i wasnt there. She jumps around a lot durign playtime but i didnt see her do anything, but a lot could have potentially scratched her paw. It could have been when she was squeezing through a wooden box or scratching at a wooden object or anything.

Attachments

• chin leg.jpg
    chin leg.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 55
You need a carrier to take her to the vet. Simply carrying her is not safe at all, there can be loose cats and dogs and she may panic and escape. I'd buy a carrier ASAP and take her in that.

I just have a cat carrier for my chinchillas. I got them for around $15 each at Petsmart.

It's very important that you have a carrier for your chinchilla. You need it for vet trips and other emergencies. They are also good if your pet injures a limb and needs to have their space limited.

Yeah welll while i was waiting on the carrier, i noticed the redness fading and now its pretty much one. I think it was like a rash or something? But im still going to take her in for a check up

Petsmart, Petco, Walmart, Target, you can get a pet carrier just about anywhere. I'm not trying to be mean but if your chinchilla was sick she would probably be dead right now. You need to have a carrier.

Back