Help is needed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kardelen

Hello everybody...

i know this might have already be said but i need some help.

I am a new chin owner.Astrid is 3 months old and she has a nice big cage and everything in it toys an all.
My friend bought her from a pet store and i got her at the 14th of the month so yesterday was the first night we actually slept together.
Last night at 5 in the morning she was in her home and starting barking...
she kept barking till early in the morning.
I talked to her,i turned on the lights and the tv but nothing.
She slept through out the day and now its 20:20 in the night and she hasn't come out of her sleeping place and has stared barking again for over half an hour and have no idea what to do.
I am worried and she is braking my heart.
i can hear her moving around inside the sleeping house but she hasn't moved out of it to the rest of the cage.
i thought of removing the sleeping thingie so i can actually see her (instead of just hearing her) to make sure that she is well
please can someone tell me any ideas on what to do?

It's normal. She's just adjusting to her new home. Give her some time and she will settle in. You have new sounds, new smells, new everything for her and she has to figure out that she's safe. For the moment, stuff in some ear plugs, maybe provide some white noise, and wait it out.

I agree with Tunes - It is very normal. Go to sleep and ignore her. If you don't she will have you trained to play with her at night. Chins are real smart that way

i had her on my living room table and moved her (couldn't leave the cage on the table).
The new place is still in the living room but its in a corner..does it matter that in two sides she has walls?(and yes i am that soft hearted i moved her again of fear of being depressed or something...she did get out for like 5 secs and now is back to hiding and barking)
I have read that chins want a stable place to leave and do not like to be moved around and truth is the only place i can have her is that corner place.

Ohhh and thanks for the advice...i do hope she calms down...the first and second day she was very active...its the second night she started doing the hiding and barking

Oh how many nights trying to sleep in a motel room with a barker or sometimes several!

Back