help convincing? hehe

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiaismypet

Does anyone know how I can convince my mom to spend 200$ dollars on a critter/ferret nation cage? I want it SO BADLY for my little chinchilla, but when I said it's 200$ She's like :eek: xD any advice much appreciated!

Haha they are expensive, but worth it!

Tell her that it's totally worth it because Chinchillas have a very long life span, and the cage is built to last. Who would want to live in a small cage for 20 years? :)

Maybe you could offer to do some chores to pay it off too? :)

Offer to help her out around the house, do chores, etc. for an allowance. See if you can help your neighbors out with odd jobs around their house. Earn the money on your own and buy it that way. ;)

minccino pretty much hit it there. They are expensive, but they are designed to last. A chin can live 10-20 years depending on a number of factors, you need a cage that can hold up. And the FN should last even longer. It is well worth it, both financially long term, and health wise and happiness of the chin. - And small cages with all that plastic can be highly dangerous for chins.

Two things i will point out tho, FN are indeed expensive, but don't forget the cost of things in the cage you may want/need. Bass pans if needed (FN comes with plastic trays) Ledges (fairly cheap, but the ladders are very dangerous), Hut, wheel, etc. It can add up.

Second; and this might be easier, try and find a used cage. Ppl that don't have a need for there FN any more often sell them at a discounted rate. I don't know how it is in Canada, but down here we can often find used ones on Craigslist or something. If you can get one cheaper, then great. Just make sure its in decent condition, and make sure you thoroughly clean it with vinegar/water before using it.

Thx guys! My mom told me if I get good grades and do chores she'll pay me! So, at the end of every week I get some money to save up! I'm also going to do baby-sitting and hopefully not before too long i'll have a Ferret Nation Cage!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!

That's wonderful!! Good luck with everything and update us when you get your new cage! :)

i hate that place and will never shop there. They have so many things listed as safe/good for chins that are horrible. Which in itself is not that uncommon sadly, but i had left a number of reviews of products and answered a number of questions from ppl on there site as to why certain foods were not healthy for them (fruits and nuts) or why products like the deathball and other plastic things could be harmful. - Then i get a reply from the web site saying my info 'does not meet there guidelines' and they refused to post every single one of the reply's i left. And i had made sure to keep it professional and informative too. - They only care about the money. So i told them ill never order a **** thing from them again and id make sure i told everyone i could about it.

Any updates? Did you get your new cage yet? :)
What a great Christmas present for your chinny. :D

Wow $195 is an excellent price! I have no experience with them though.

Oh, does anyone know if this place called ferret.com http://www.ferret.com/item/ferret-nation-habitat-model-182-double-unit/650431/ is good? They have ferret nations so cheap :O.

I know a lot of people on here in the US have used that site, however just keep in mind that you live in Canada, that is a US site, so the free shipping they offer doesn't apply :p sucky I know. So you'll have to factor in shipping which adds another $100+ dollars, making the cage just over $300 with the current sale right now.

Back