Help, Chin fell out of cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDuper ChinnieBaby

I took my boy out of the cage for a couple minutes i put him back in and as i was closing the door he jumped out into the door head first then fell on his back from the top level of my critter nation cage. he didnt make any noises he isnt limping or acting really odd. i pet him and felt around and he hasnt acting any different when touching him but as soon as i put him in his cage he started turnign his head to the back shoulder and nipping at his fur over and over then stoped. I also still had his bath in there from couple mins befor and he jumped in his bath and started rolling around then went and layed right back down.. he is usually up jumping around at this time not sleeping any opinion would be great. i dont no if hes hurt or not

So after some time ive notices that he is favoring his left paw. He will put pressure when hes walking on it but very little pressure. He will grab his sticks with the hurt paw but when he is just sitting still he keeps it elevated. Hes laying much more as well he still lets me pet him under his arm pit under his chin and earns he will even grab my finger with the paw hes favoring but hes acting very odd with keeping it up when sitting and laying so much more any help is he seriously hurt should i take him to vet when i move his arm n paw around he doesnt make any noises of pain but. Dnt no what to do very concerned

Take him to the vet asap! Chins are very very good at hiding pain, so if there is this much reason to worry, that chin needs a vet trip- now.

I'm so sorry he fell out of the cage, and I hope he feels better soon!

I called the vet and there is absolutely so vet available to see my chinchilla til lmonday what do i do. He is stil lholding it up a bit but does use it to walk when hes walkig around the cage. I blocked off half the cage so he only has half and took the high levels out

can you call around and find a different vet? There is a post here about a list of vets... try to find a different one.

In the meantime, take out all shelves ramps things that can be climbed. Dont let him out for playtime, he is one bedrest!

I took everything out left his huts sticks hay chinchiller. And homes .. he seems to be using it a little more but still keeping it up here and their i live in ontario in a very small town in the bush. The nearest vet thats avqilable is. 6 and a half hrs away and its freeze cold out snow and ice everywhere on the roads there was a major snow storm last.night. and wher ei live there is only one exotics vet and she is not available the other vets said hey wont even see a chinchilla as they wouldnt n othe first.thing to do for him

The good thing.is when i woke up all his sticks where out of his toy bin all his pellets where eaten. Lots of poops and hay everywhere so i know hes eating and chewing and as i went up tp the cage to check on him he did his usual hop up to the door n make his noises til li put him then he kept trying to make me chin armpit and belly rub him and he didnt lift the arm thats hurt when he walked up and he was persistant for me to run each arm . i only rubbed the other side but that is his usual self

if you cant get to a vet until monday then there rly isnt much you can do other then watch him.
my girl did the same thing before. She was on the very top shelf on the top lvl of the DFN cage. I was bent over cleaning then first floor. She backed up and took a running leap out onto my back and then kept going down to the floor. Scared the **** outa me; it happened so fast. Luckily she wasnt hurt, but i think even she was a bit stunned after what she did.

so a bit more good news. hes hopping around in his cage a little now everything is out but he is doing curcles. hes using his arm alot more holding things, and a little more walking on it.. he is laying alot still tho but every time he hears me he jumps up and hops over to the doors using the hurt paw. the only time he really lifts is now is when hes just sitting there he will keep it up a bit

Back