HELP! A/C question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

ZooKeeper
I'm leaving tomorrow for 3 days and this is the first time we have left for a few days since getting our a/c. I'm sure a/c's are quite different from one another, but I'm hoping I might get an answer to my question. My a/c unit has a timer, but the manual doesn't explain about it at all. It is a Haier brand. I would like the a/c to come on daily, for a certain amount of time, and then shut off for nighttime. Is that possible? Do they work that way? If I set an hour time, does it come on and off at that interval? Or is it easier/better to have it set for a temp.? I should have tried this out before now, but I really thought the manual would be more informative. Any info you can give me on an a/c and how you set it for being gone for days would be very helpful. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I don't think it will come on and off like you want. I think setting the temp. will be the way to go. I hope you have someone to check on the chins. I live between Sandpoint and CDA Idaho and I will chin sit them here if you want.

Usually the timers are a one-time deal. If you set it to come on in 10 hours it will come on and stay on until you turn it off.

If you set it to 66 degrees for example, the compressor will cycle on and off to keep the temperature where you set it. The fan will stay on at all times though, but that is nothing to worry about.

I hope you have someone to check on the chins. I live between Sandpoint and CDA Idaho and I will chin sit them here if you want.

Thanks for the offer! My parents live closeby and watched my chin for me.

Thanks for the help everyone! I figured setting the temp was the way to go. Just wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before we leave.

Latest posts

Back