Hello

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preslor

I have one chin of 8 weeks, just got into the chin scene. I live in Utah and bought the chin from a local breeder but would like to get a pedigree breeding chin pair eventually. Any suggestions for breeders like that in Utah? (or a reputable breeder that will ship?) I haven't been able to find any in Utah.

Sorry, I don't know of any breeders... But I just wanted to say congrats on your new chinny baby & welcome to CnH :wave: :heart5:

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks, she is already coming out of the cage into my hands and loves to be out with the kids. She wall-surfs and is always trying to jump over barriers we put up to keep her contained.

Thats great! But with kits under the age of 6 months, you probably want to keep the out of cage time to a minimum. They need that energy to grow rather than play, which they can do by themselves in their cage. I'm sure someone else could say more on the topic, but congrats on the new chin! :)

minimum time each day

what would a minimum time be? we usually take her out for 20-30 minutes probably twice a day when she is up and moving around the cage.

It's usually recommended to not let a chin outside the cage until they are 6mos old. The same goes for exercise wheels. You shouldn't put one in the cage until 6mos+. As someone above mentioned, they need to conserve their energy for their growth and to continue gaining weight. :))

Back