Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainierainbow

Hello everyone! I'm kinda new to the forum and decided I should probably do one of these. I recently got my first chin, Dexter! So any secret tricks would be appreciated if shared😉. I already fell in love with the little guy😍. I'd like to learn about you guys too so please comment stuff. Also I live in PA and it's pretty humid here, I've been giving Dexter dust baths about every day and was wondering if that is right?

:welcome4: What a cutie. I live in Ohio, very humid too. I would limit baths to 2 or 3 per week. More than that might dry their skin.

Hi, welcome to the board! Dexter is a cutie... is he named after Dexter Morgan?

I also live in a humid place (Auckland, NZ), and I let my girl have a dust bath every night during her play out time, but the bath never stays in her cage, so she only has access to it for 1 hr tops.

She's never had any trouble with dry skin, but your chin might be different. I do know some ppl here limit dust baths to less than 4 x weekly, so I guess you just need to listen to all the opinions, and then decide for yourself!

When it's humid out I dust my guys about every other day but when it's not humid they get dusted a couple times a week. The most important thing is that the room they are in is temp controlled so that they don't overheat

Thanks everyone! I think as long as his skin stays nice I will do the nightly dust bath because he only has it for about 15 minutes a day out of the cage, in the winter I will probably do every other day

Back