Hello!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new, and have been doing alot of reading about chinchillas. I bought my first chin(a male) named Ozzy in Jan. And our 2nd (a female) named Bridget in March. My family and I love them to pieces! I was thing about breeding them, but now I'm happy with them in 2 cages and spoiling them just like they are. They have such great personalities, my female" loves us" when we put our hand in the cage. It was funny at first...getting a little old..lol, she get so excited at times too and does these little straight up and down jumps...that is way to funny watching her do this. My male gets very jealous when we go to her cage and then touch him he gives us the stink eye or grunts at us. He has his daily routine, every morning he is on a ledge and if we don't go over to him asap he flips out and climbs the cage wall churping the entire time. He also shoot poo all over at night, I cannot figure how he gets it so far. We also just had an interesting week with him trying a new wheel..and he was PO-ed until we put his old wheel back. Other than that we are a home school family in the Buffalo, NY area, we have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 chins. And would love to have more chins!!!!:hugs:

Hi and welcome! We are happy to have you here! I am even more happy to hear that you have decided to enjoy your two chins without the need of having them produce kits. There is a section on that here, and unless you have gotten your chins from breeders and know their backgrounds, it is just best to not breed them. I swear I have chin poop all over my house! They are great at making a mess with their poop and their hay! Enjoy your chins and we would love to see pics!

Back