Hello Tibby!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinnyMom

slave to Rhino and Guss
well folks, since it's been 5 days now since my kiddo's new dog came home, i figure i should introduce y'all to him! Tibby is actually living at my dad's house 3 blocks away from my apartment building, because i think it isn't fair to dogs to live in an apartment and i have no yard for Tibby to romp in. My kiddo spends so much time with my dad, she has a bedroom all set up at his house, and considers his house one of her residences, lol. plus, my dad has been wanting another dog for a while here, since his previous one crossed over rainbow bridge over a year ago.

a little back story on how Tibby came to be our new dog:

a little while ago my dad and my kiddo were over at the grocery store, and found an injured pigeon in the parking lot. they caught it and brought it home to my dad's place so it wouldn't end up as roadkill. we thought it had a problem with one wing, so my dad took it into a vet (how he found a vet that would look at a wild animal is still baffling me! lol). the vet looked it over, took x-rays (for free! that baffled me too!), and deemed the pigeon to just be stunned from crashing into something. 'Geesey' the pigeon has recovered fully and is just about ready to be released (my dad has been keeping Geesey in a large dog crate, and caring for him amazingly well for somebody that has never had birds before).

While at the vet with Geesey, my dad picked up a local magazine that highlights all the various pet rescues here. On the cover was a cute little dog with the most amazing spark in its eyes. my kiddo told my dad that we should get that dog. that dog is Tibby :))

so say hi to Tibby, my kiddo's tibetan spaniel cross! he's such a little lovey, and loves to cuddle :)) needs some training on how to walk nicely on the leash (he's a puller!), but his basic obedience is pretty darn good, and when we discovered he knows how to shake a paw, my kiddo was absolutely delighted!

Image0710.jpg

Image0708.jpg

Image0709.jpg

my dad wanted to get Tibby as much as my kiddo did. there's always been a dog in my dad's house, from 1987 right up until last year. that empty feeling is no longer found at his place :))

and not sure if any of you noticed, but there is an evil kitty glaring down at my dad and Tibby in the one photo, lol. the poor kitties (2) at my dad's are not the happiest of campers with the new woofing roommate situation, but they'll come around. the cat in the photo there is actually my kiddo's as well, but living at my dad's due to my kiddo being a bit allergic. the other cat living there is actually mine, he was semi-feral and found me one day a couple years ago, and has been my big baby ever since.

the past few days i've been bringing Tibby over here for part of the afternoon and evening, so that my kiddo gets to spend as much time as possible with him, and he's not cooped up in the house all day while my dad is at work. guess you could call it a doggy time share, lol!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back