Hello, new chin owner here!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamaisVu

Hi everyone!

I adopted a pair of chins just under a week ago. I'm really trying my best to have the best environment possible for them, so I'd love to take advice from more experienced chin owners :)

Welcome! The best thing you can do as a new member and a new chinchilla owner is read, read, read and read! Read over the threads on healthy and hygiene and few the post on housing so you can see what's a good cage setup and what's bad. The more you read and educate yourself about your chinchillas the better owner you become.

I myself am a newbie. Got my first chin 6 months ago. I have learned a lot from this site. Most important thing I learned was correct cage set up and quality food, wood and treats always!

Ah, I just noticed I posted this in the wrong subforums...what a way to start! If there are any admins around please move this.

And to all the rest, thanks a lot, I'll definitely get to reading!

Welcome! This site has a lot of educated members who will answer any questions you have! Everyone is really nice! You came to the right place to learn!

I have only had my Izzy for about 6 weeks now and everything I know has been learned on this site! I had never even heard about a chinchilla as a pet. I just saw one and fell in love! My Izzy is completely spoiled rotton now and I have learned so much! Just ask lots of questions and you might even ask for a phone number or two. I have one of the members that I can call ... she has been a HUGE help!
Sheri...........the one that Izzy has wrapped around his little foot!

Hi and welcome! Do some reading through the different threads, and if you come up with any specific questions, be sure to ask!

Back