Hello, I'm Claire from Scotland :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiddlywinkles

Tiddywinkles
Hi, I'm Claire, I've just recently purchased two 5 year old male chinchillas from a woman who could no longer look after them as she had an unpredictable job future in which she might have had to move all around for jobs and didn't want to stress the chins out.
The names their previous owner gave them are Chase and Jasper so I thought it'd be best to stick with them as they're probably use to them now.
They're very shy, although Jasper is starting to come out of his shell a little and will come down to the bottom of the cage to greet me and by greet I mean see if I have any food lol
Chase is still very timid and hides in the attic of his cage when I am in. Which is a little upsetting because it's hard to bond with a chinchilla when you can barely see him. Achwell time and perseverance.
Any HI!
I attached a picture of them.

Attachments

• chins.jpg
    chins.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 23
Hi and welcome! Time and patience is definitely the key, as well as spending as much time with them at their cage as you can. They are adorable!!!

Back