Hello from Texas. Going to be a first time chin Mommy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbee

Hello friends! I am 26 and married with no kiddos yet with several pets, most of them being reptiles. I have problems with depression and since my husband works nights, I am often alone part of the week. I have decided that a furry companion would be great for me as I have had many species of pets in the past and I do miss the furry ones :) It wouldn't be fair to leave a dog alone during the day and my husband hates cats. And as much as I love my reptiles and amphibians, they just aren't capable of showing that love back. They just weren't made that way. So.....I have found a little chinchilla a few hours from me by a breeder. She was born July 25 be ready for our home at the end of October. The wait is going to be terrible! I have a ferret nation 181 single level cage for her. The time I have to wait will allow me to get everything perfect for get. So, suggestions? I plan on feeding oxbow pellets and timothy hay. Do I need a cage pan? I like carefresh bedding but have heard they can eat it and become impacted. What is the best bedding option? I plan to attempt to potter train. I like the fleece hammocks and tunnels, so I may order some. What are some of the best online supply stores? Sorry I have so many questions. Bottom line, I think it is amazing how God has created and specialized His animals and I can't wait for my little girl to be home :)

Laura

Hi and welcome! This is a great forum, and if you look through the different threads, you'll get the answers to your questions, and learn a lot before your new friend comes home. Congrats!

:welcome4:Hi Laura and welcome to CnH. Your little girl will be great company for you.

Welcome...Chin Chic on FB sells fleece liners hammocks and tubes also Fleece for Furries on FB sells fleece both are great :)

Latest posts

Back