Hello from Missouri!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizd2323

I have posted a few things on here but figured I needed to introduce myself. Im from Missouri and im 28. Im going to be a new chin mom to a 7 week old dark ebony little boy on Saturday. I have done tons of research and I am super excited to start this new chapter. Think I finally come up with the name Gizmo but we will see when I meet him. Will post pics as soon as I can. I have a cage similar to Ferret nation and it is all decked out with custom made ledges and fleece from multiple people on this site. If anyone has any advise I am all ears!! do have one question, it is an hour and a half each way to pic him up. I have a dog carrier with small opening that I plan on transporting him in. Planned on putting some hay and a fleece liner in there to make him comfortable. Any suggestions?

Just make sure the car doesn't get too hot and you should be fine! If it's plastic you might want to consider putting in some wood too just to avoid him chewing the carrier. Welcome to the forum!

Just be careful of the opening. Since he's seven weeks old, he's going to be able to squeeze through some pretty small spots. Other than that, as stated above, keep an eye on the temperature. He can probably be a little warmer than adult chins because he's younger, but not by much. You'll also want to keep the carrier out of direct sunlight, but be careful not to put it on the floor if you are using the floor option on your heater.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first chin. :)

Welcome to the Community! Best of luck with your new little Chinchilla; be sure to post up some pictures! :)

Latest posts

Back