Hello! From Lincolnshire, UK :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckbert

Hiya everybody.

Thought I'd introduce myself as I've been a lurker for a very long time now!

I've just adopted 2 Girl Chins from a lovely lady who listed them on Gumtree. Unsure of their age. They are both Beige, I think... Or a very light version of the regular grey ones.

Their names are Gizmo and Phurelle (NOT my choice of name, but grown on me a lot!)

They seem quite tame, preferring to sleep on top of their Chin house rather than inside. Quite hesitant and jumpy towards us but I was hoping this was normal as we have had them less than a week now. We've managed to sneak a few neck tickles in while they have been dozy.

My only concern at the moment is that they don't seem to be drinking an awful lot. I've seen them both pee a couple of times so they must be getting fluid somewhere. Anyone experience this when re-homing Chins?
No problems with eating, they can't seem to get enough food!

Anyways, Hi!
xx

Hello and welcome!

On average, chinchillas don't drink A LOT. Are you using a glass water bottle? You can mark it with a marker and make sure the level is going down. As long as they are peeing, that's great!

Back