Hello from FL!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmccoll13

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself and my boys!

I've been a chinny owner since October 2013 but only just got a CnH account upon discovering how informative and helpful everyone is!

I have two boys, Mojo Jojo (Mojo) and Elisha (Eli); named after the evil monkey from the powerpuff girls and the New York Giants quarterback respectively :thumbsup:

Mojo is currently about 2.5 years old, I got him from Petco on October 16, 2013. I don't know his exact age but he was almost full grown when I got him so I estimated him to have been between 4 and 5 months old at the time. He is and always has been "my boy" and I love him to death. He's trained (go figure xD) and gives me kisses, jumps over my arm, and targets (touches) my hand when I ask him to! He's an all around love bug and I don't know what I would do without him.

Eli is only 3 months old and I just picked him up from the breeder yesterday. As he's brand new to my life, I know little about him and he's still settling in so I've just started the bonding process (which will be slow but rewarding I can tell!) He seems to be settling in nicely and has gone from barking every time I walk near the cage to being comfortable enough to take food from me with my hand in the cage (I've not made any attempts to grab him or touch him as I realize he's likely still very nervous and stressed and while I naturally want to cuddle him and love on him I want him to feel safe and comfortable more!) As of now I've just spent time talking to him and reading to him, as well as sitting by his cage with the door open (He's not come out of the cage and I wouldn't let him if he tried because he's still very young and he definitely wouldn't let me catch him yet) and letting him explore/get comfortable with me at his own pace. He seems like he'll be a fun, sweet little guy once he's settled in, and I'm excited to see him grow and develop!

Both guys are separated ATM, I'm waiting until I've got a strong enough bond with Eli that I can hold him and catch him when he's outside of the cage before I start the bonding process between the boys, but fingers crossed that when the time comes all goes well and they get along!

I've attached photos of both of them as well!

Mojo is the standard grey and Eli is the mosaic ^^ (Included a photo of Mojo's set up as well as I just managed to get it the way I want it-well, almost. I've still got a wooden ladder and hanging tube on the way but it's almost done;))

~Hannah:)

Attachments

• IMG_6682.jpg
    IMG_6682.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6670.jpg
    IMG_6670.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6665.jpg
    IMG_6665.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6671.jpg
    IMG_6671.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to CnH!! :wave:
Your chins are both adorable!! Mojo sounds like a total sweetheart :)) I hope Eli settles in nicely and I wish you luck with the bonding process. :)) I have an Eli too btw, great name!

Back