Hello Fellow Hedgie Lovers!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janise103

Lover of Animals <3
Hello everyone :wave3: my name is Janise and I recently adopted a 1 1/2 year old :hedgie4: that I named Mwiba (which means 'spike' in Swahili). I was browsing the infinite internet in search for a magical place where hedgie lovers could share ideas, experiences, and information; here's where I ended up! lol

My girl Mwiba is sweet as long as you don't touch her, be near her, or make noise around her...so its pretty rare that I see her sweet side lol most of the time she tries her hardest to prove to me that she's the spawn of satan (even though wayyyyyy deep down I know she has to like me at least a tiny bit because I am 'the bringer of noms'). She is convinced that my salty fingers are also noms, so I've been nursing some nibbled-on fingers (and getting smarter, using a facecloth to shield hands when holding her). Anyway, long story short; she is a fiesty, rude,and hateful hedgie, but I :heart3: her despite her proving time and time again that she is possessed by the devil.

Loving her only goes so far, and I'm realizing its gonna take lots of work, patience, time, and dedication to get her to a point of being only slightly demonic. I hold her and read childrens stories to her every night, and let her explore her tub (like a feeding tub for feeding/watering livestock) that I fill with toilet paper tubes (her one weakness!), ping pong balls, treats, a tunnel, and a toy car. I'm hopeful she'll come around and maybe even like me one day!

"Hail Queen Mwiba!" :bow::hedgie4: "Excellent! I now have a slave to do my evil bidding..."

Anyway, I'm glad to be here among other hedgie fans and I hope I'll fit right in

Hi and welcome! Your hedgie sounds very spirited, and you sound totally devoted to her! I'm sure all of your hard work will pay off!!!

Thanks guys :) I know she'll come around eventually. Like, what else can I expect from a Hedgie that was taken from the only home she knew and put in completely unfamiliar surroundings with crazy giants walking around? I'd be pretty upset too. Anyway, thanks for the welcomes, I definitely feel like I can fit in here :)

Great Name

How long have you had her? It took my hedgie about 3 months to come round its quite a process:hug2:

Welcome! I have a 9 week old baby hedgie and she can be quite "huffy" at times, especially now when she's quilling! Welcome to the forum, I have found so much valuable information here and really enjoy reading about everyone's pets!

All you have to do is love your hedgie to fit in here!

Back