Hello everyone

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PpunkTheHedgehog

I guess a little short introduction... My name is Marissa and as per the username, I have just one little hedgehog named Ppunk. (Yes, with two P's. One is silent :p ) I have other pets, including two black gerbils as well as two dogs, two cats, and my small blue parrotlet at my parents house. I am away for college, and couldn't quite take the entire gang with me. I've had lots of other pets, hamsters, a leopard gecko, I fostered an umbrella cockatoo, and many many white mice who I adored. Although I don't have a chinchilla at the time, I would really love one eventually. I can only care for so many pets though haha

I guess there's other stuff about me too... I'm 20, and as I said I'm away for college in my hometown St. Louis studying Music Therapy. Although other than that I can't really think of what else to add.. So any questions, shoot away. Otherwise, hi. :wave:

Hi all

:hair: So I have five Chinchilla's two are new babies, Momma Lilo and daddy Stitch and The little Squirtle. I am a mom of two teens my son Roderick and my daughter Casandra! I have had my chins for over a yr and they were a yr and a few months when i got them. I had done my research and talked to some locals about letting her have a few babies, and she's had two and was getting info to get daddy fixed, then found out she was prego again, and i figured fine but last one, she ended up having two i got to watch them being delivered.

Well all was well till two days later, she ended up having a prolapsed vagina, so i got her into the vet asap and the idiot cleaned it and stuck it back in and told me to hold her for a long time, ended up being 45 we were there for 3 and a half hrs. I was pissed he didn't want to answer any questions, i realize they were busy but this guy didn't seem to want to help at all! So i asked him before he let us go why he wouldn't stitch it up, then he was like i dunno lets see how this goes, well later that evening around 730 sure enough it came back out :p

Went again to the vet asked for a diff vet and got the one that had fixed my male sugar glider and had done a awesome job! Well all was well till i finally decided after have not sleeping for almost three days to get a few hrs of sleep, she chewed them out smh, so i had to wait all weekend in the meantime i had called the on call vet and they said to try and push it back in and keep it clean and use KY jelly. So i had people asking why no e-collar and myself i was wondering that as well :( I went to google and youtube trying to find info about making them came across a alternative to the collar for a kitty well i am a very creative person and good sewer so i made her a little diaper like thingy and got the Ky and cleaned it up and put it on and her tip went from icky dark brown and crusty to nice pink and fleshy again by monday and infact she had perked up big time, i am still hand feeding the babies even though just to be on the safe side.

All was going well when i took her in yesterday got a female vet this time who had help me put my kitty to sleep so i knew she was good, well the stitches went all the way around and have now some how moved and are in her rectum area kinda blocking her pooing naturally or easily i should say, so i cleaned her up big time again in forcing to try and poo she had pushed some of the vagina out again, i managed to get her empty of the dry poo and blockage and push the tip back in and put more ky on her and a clean new diaper thingy i made back on her, but now i have to take her back again to the vet to fix this issue :( i am so frustrated beyond belief,

DOES ANYONE have any advise for me that i could be doing differently she is eating and drinking even got her to drink kitty milk the past few days when she was weak and crap but she's herself again, but she can't live this way for the rest of her life o.o ANY HELP greatly appreciated

my email is [email protected] i also use facebook tons look for Tamara Kotaska i am a redhead.

Thank you for your time!

Latest posts

Back