Hello everyone

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuuHouhouji

I just realized that i had never introduced myself properly. I’m 30 years, married, no kids, and Mexican (living in Mexico). My husband and I both work in the health industry and have been thinking in getting a pet from a while. But our schedule is insane so we thought that a crepuscular pet would be the ideal pet. Some research later we decided on a chinchilla and we found this forum that has been pretty helpful.
We haven’t got our baby yet. We have been saving and gathering supplies. In about three weeks will be going to the USA to get all the supplies we have already order (from people here and online pet stores) We have our new cage, food, wood, and some fleece items (I already know I’m allergic to pine shavings, even if most other things don’t give me allergies)
I would show you everything when we finish setting it. We are excited. I will keep you all updated. Thanks to all for all the good information you have already gave us.

:wave3: Welcome and I think it's great that you are researching and getting everything ready before you get your new pet. :))

Welcome! Chinchillas are loving and wonderful to have around.
I feel I should mention that chinchillas require a cool temperature at all times, and I assume Mexico is pretty warm. You'll have to be ready to do whatever it takes to keep their area cool or it could be fatal!! Air conditioning and marble tiles will do the trick. Just refrigerate the tile and give it to the chinchilla if its ears look pink/feel warm.

Hi and welcome to you! Can't wait to see everything once you are set up with your new chinnie friend!

Already solved

Welcome! Chinchillas are loving and wonderful to have around.
I feel I should mention that chinchillas require a cool temperature at all times, and I assume Mexico is pretty warm. You'll have to be ready to do whatever it takes to keep their area cool or it could be fatal!! Air conditioning and marble tiles will do the trick. Just refrigerate the tile and give it to the chinchilla if its ears look pink/feel warm.

Hi, I know about the temperature. I have already got a marble tile and the room he would be in has air conditioner. I also got a room/humidity thermometer so I would not be guessing about the temperature. Where I live the temperatures goes from 25-110 °F during the year so both extremes have been take in consideration. We are not and exclusive warm country. We have lots of mountains so a lot of cities have a cold climate the whole year (the chinchillas are raised in those cities), just 2 hours from where I lived the temperature almost never goes over 70°F (with 15°F been common in winter)

Back