Hello everyone!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FutureDVM

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I am currently a full time pre-veterinary student and I also work part time as a veterinary assistant at an animal hospital. I adopted my first chinchilla, Einstein, back in May when he was just 6 months old. He is such a friendly little guy and I love him so much!

I love all types of animals and have lots of other pets (dogs, cats, and reptiles) besides Einstein. I look forward to meeting all of you and chatting about chinchillas.

Here are some pictures of Einstein. Unfortunately, they're not the best photos (he doesn't really like to sit still, haha :))
3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks to both of you! I'm pretty fond of him. Hopefully I can get some good pictures of his cage sometime soon. I just recently bought him a chinchilla townhome from Quality Cages. He loves it so far!

Welcome! Great pix - and this is an amazing resource site for info/ advice/ insight on keeping little Einstein rockin' :)

Hello and welcome to you and Einstein! He is very cute! My chin, Tinkerbell, will stop whatever cute thing she is doing when I bring the camera out! That, or she tries to take the camera or the strap from me! Lol.

Oh what a precious pea! My first chin ( Jack ) looked just like your little man. I love those red eyes. Just too cute. Congrats on his adoption and best wishes with school. :hi2:

Thanks, everyone! I do have a quick question. I know my boy is a beige chinchilla, but is he considered a homo beige? From what I've seen on the internet, I'm thinking he's homo beige because of his light color and red eyes, but can someone please tell me if that's correct?

Is there a good website that explains all the different color mutations?

Welcome !! Your boy is really cute. Hoping that when you finish vet school you will specialize in exotic (especially chins)

That is what I plan on doing. I've always had a strong passion for exotic animals and I'd really like to specialize in them. I might even try to become board certified in Zoological Medicine.

Back