Hello all

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Nox

Finally got around to posting a formal greeting - forgive the delay please :)) I have been lurking for a couple weeks and preparing to bring a chin into our home. If all goes well we shall have our little girl this weekend. Basic info I am a 30 something or other mom of teens, happily married and living near Chicago area. We currently have 2 adult spoiled and lazy dogs, a male Russian tortoise. Our chin will be our last addition. I plan on keeping her as a spoiled and loved "Mommy's girl" and it is my every intention that the two of us will grow into old ladies together as everyone else up and leaves the nest.

The community has been a virtual wealth of information. We are custom building her home out of Kiln Dried Pine and 1/2 x 1/2 inch wire mesh. She will have plenty of room and shelves. My hubby is carpenter by hobby. We have spent enough on her home to have bought 2 cages by now but we know that we will all appreciate the effort. I have also been baking apple branches... who new wood could smell so nice in the kitchen. I still have a lot to learn but I do feel confident we are off to a great start. I have enjoyed reading posts and looking at all the pictures. I am not a frequent writer but I do read daily. I look forward to learning more!

Hi and welcome! You sound thoroughly researched and prepared for your future little girl! We would love to see pics when you bring her home and she is settled!

Back