Hedgie owners/rescues in Iowa?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chintastic!

Hi, I just wondered over from the chin side, but I just got an email from a guy who has a hedgehog and wants to trade it for a chinchilla. I personally dont take hedgies, and am very wary of doing a so called "trade." I dont plan to trade with him, but I wanted to give him either a name or a rescue of someone who would take it for him. Were close to Desmoines.

I got my hedgie from Dorman Exotics in Iowa - I'm not sure if they take in rescues but it would be worth asking! They are very nice people :)

I sent them an email, now we wait! Thanks for the quick response! Hey lovinhedgies, you dont want another one do you?

LOL not right now. I have the three little hoglets to worry about and the one is needing special care. It wouldn't be fair to the one's I have to take on another, plus I don't have a safe area for quarantine right now :( Plus I'm in Rochester, MN :) But if you guys need a hedgie train to the twin cities I'd be happy to help!

Yeah I told the guy that I dont take hedgies and then I went into detail to be sure he knew what he was getting into and told him about this site and what a wonderful resource it was. Basicly he told me to go screw myself and that he didnt need my approval to own what ever pet he wanted, because he's "...raised all breeds of animals and could probably teach you a thing or two..." Needless to say I dont think that it was meant to be. I feel sorry for the poor hedgie he as though.

Back