Hedgie bathtime! (pic heavy)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjhedgie

so i have read that some hedgies absolutely do not like bathtime. luckily for me, my hedgie LOVES it, and im starting to think that she will get her feet filthy just so that she can be pampered. well anyways, here are a few pics of the little girl getting her spa treatment! pics with the toothbrush are her first bath, before we realized that she melts in your hands in the warm water

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 3.5.jpg
    3.5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 69
(cont)

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 9.1.jpg
    9.1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 67
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 65
  • last.jpg
    last.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 58
  • lastest.jpg
    lastest.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 59
She is so tiny in those first pics, but she got quite big. What an adorable little piggy. I love animals who never got the memo for their species...

ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!!!!!

I just made some unpronouncable sounds that basically consisted of a mashup of all the vowels in the english language.

The second set of pics is my favorite.

How is it even possible for your hedgehog to love baths so much! I'm so unlucky. My hedgies stretch their bodies to unimaginable lengths to climb out of the sink. So adorable! She looks so sweet and even looks like she is smiling in some of those pics!

Awww so cute! Mine doesn't hate bath time, but she certainly doesn't love it as much as yours!

She is adorable. And you are one of the lucky ones that has a hedgehog that actually enjoys water. Have you tried a little deeper water to see if she would enjoy swimming yet?

as far as swimming goes yes the tub was filled so that she could stand in the shallower part but was just high enough for her to float/swim in the deeper part and it was halarious to watch, but im not sure that she enjoyed it since she didnt go back to the deep end on her own.
that second picture she put her front paws onto my hand and sat her bum down and went completely limp, the only thing that was holding her up was my finger. my favorite :)

oh this is so cute...was she had raised? She seems so relaxed and friendly.

im not sure if she was hand raised or even where she was born. we got her from a pet store which was a family run type place which seemed to take good care of their animals.
one thing that may have led to her being so open towards us was that she caught a respiratory infection at about 8 weeks old, a few days after we got her home. the poor little thing was sluggish, then got very sick for a day with bubbles out the nose and eye crusies. we took her to the vet, where she fell asleep in the vets hands imediately. we got her on antibiotics and siringe fed her gatorade-water mix by hand for about a week straight since she wouldnt eat or drink much of anything.
during this time she was more spoiled than a baby human, she learned to give kisses like a dog would (face to face pic in the set), and became very trustful of her parents :)
now she pretty much will let us do anything to her within reason and has no fear at all of our dogs and cats when we are around.
case and point, we feel the tender care given to her during that rough period really showed her that we were there to protect her always and that she was our family

Back