hedgehogs and rats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarasquadx

I just recently moved to a new apartment with limited space. I have 5 female rats and an almost 3 year old female hedgehog. I was going to get a single level critter nation for my rats and I was wondering... If I was to get a double... would it be possible to secure it enough to use the top half for my hedgehog and the bottom for my rats? are there health concerns? stress issues? They have always been in the same room but never this close. I definitely don't want to cause any harm to any of my girls and will do anything I can to keep them happy and safe and if it means more cages around then i'll deal with it..

It should be okay as long as you can keep hedgie warm enough without roasting the rats. The activity level of the rats during the day might stress your hedgie though.

Are your rats loud during the day?? I have three rats and they seem to sleep all day and run around like crazy at night. If your hedgie is already used to the noise they make I would think it would be fine. But like Nancy said - make sure you don't roast your rats! It would be perfect if they were hairless... :)

Are your rats loud during the day?? I have three rats and they seem to sleep all day and run around like crazy at night. If your hedgie is already used to the noise they make I would think it would be fine. But like Nancy said - make sure you don't roast your rats! It would be perfect if they were hairless... :)

no they aren't all that loud during the day. Im usually gone at either school or work so they sleep because no one is there to play with them. One I get home they all get their out of cage time. Everyone seems to make most of their noise during the night. We keep our apartment at 70 all the time plus I have a low watt ceramic heat lamp. The only real change for the rats is the heat lamp. I'll keep an eye on them.. and if they are getting too warm the rats will love the whole cage to themselves!

Back